When do I need a building plan?

Just a little info…
Minor works that do need building plan approval
Consult with us If you are not sure and your intended action is not listed below or enquire at your District Planning Office. You can find all District Planning Office contact information on the Development Management department page. CLICK HERE
The following are some of the structures council insists on plans for:-
Even though they may be on private land and may not be a major build, minor works that do need approval include:
Swimming pools
Wendy houses
Garden sheds bigger than 3 m
Any renovations that add new elements to a fundamental aspect of the building or property like different roofing tiles, or a removal of a wall that may change the buildings structure
Boundary walls
Any temporary building being used for construction like a builders hut