Questions to Ask Your New Home Builder
- How many years have you been in the construction and business, and how many homes have you built as a building contractor?
- Are licensed (where required) and insured?
- Are you registered with the NHBRC
- What sort of new home warranty do you offer?
- Do you only build from existing floorplans, or can I provide my own set of plans?
- What features are standard in the homes you build? What are the upgrade options?
- When and how can I make changes or upgrades throughout the building process? Do all decisions need to be finalized before construction begins?
- What are the energy-saving features of the homes you build?
- Who will be overseeing the construction of my home? Who can I reach out to with questions as they arise, and how can I contact them?
- What is your process for inspections throughout construction, final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
- How long will it take to build my home?
- How and when will the final cost of my home be determined?
- Can I view a current project you’re working on? (Homes in the works are a great way to check for workmanship and material quality.)
- Do you build model homes that I can tour? If not, can you help me make an appointment to tour a home you built for another customer?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from previous home buyers?
Designing your dream home is both a tremendous privilege and a huge responsibility. One we don’t take lightly. As such, we take the time to get to know you first. To learn about you – your ideal lifestyle, how you want to utilise your space and your budget.
At BUILDITBETTER we partner with you to make your dream the plan.
Our team of skilled professionals include architectural professionals, project & budget management, bricklayers, joiners, plumbers, tilers, plasterers, painters and much much more. Together, our team can undertake your project.
OVERSEE & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Project Management is about ensuring efficiency and the timeous delivery of a high quality product, within scope and within budget.
Every project can benefit from a project manager, but not all projects require management throughout the process.