MAJOR RENOVATIONS – STAY MODERN
COOL KITCHEN IDEAS TO GIVE YOU INSPIRATION!
CONCRETE RENDERING ON FLOORS AND CONCRETE SURFACE TOPS
INDUSTRIAL CHIC STAIRCASE DESIGNED AND INSTALLED BY GREEFF CONSTRUCTION
Building a house is expensive so finding innovative ways to save money on the project is imperative if you want to stay within your set budget here are important things to consider:
Choose the right piece of land and location
- If you choose a site in an eco-estate, they usually have restrictions on building materials used & the style of your home, which could push up the cost of the building work and budget.
- Choose land that suits your pocket, for example building on flat ground will be cheaper than building in the mountainside where you might need to do rock blasting etc.
- Think carefully about your design choices, take cognizance of the arrangement of windows & doors for energy efficiency, and what the style of your home dictates for energy efficiency
- Working closely with someone with experience will make the process much smoother.
With proper planning and smart decisions, you will be able to build your dream house, and, hopefully, you can do so without making a hole in your pocket. So lets get that project on the go….
Read more articles on our blog page
Questions to Ask Your New Home Builder
- How many years have you been in the construction and business, and how many homes have you built as a building contractor?
- Are licensed (where required) and insured?
- Are you registered with the NHBRC
- What sort of new home warranty do you offer?
- Do you only build from existing floorplans, or can I provide my own set of plans?
- What features are standard in the homes you build? What are the upgrade options?
- When and how can I make changes or upgrades throughout the building process? Do all decisions need to be finalized before construction begins?
- What are the energy-saving features of the homes you build?
- Who will be overseeing the construction of my home? Who can I reach out to with questions as they arise, and how can I contact them?
- What is your process for inspections throughout construction, final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
- How long will it take to build my home?
- How and when will the final cost of my home be determined?
- Can I view a current project you’re working on? (Homes in the works are a great way to check for workmanship and material quality.)
- Do you build model homes that I can tour? If not, can you help me make an appointment to tour a home you built for another customer?
- Can you provide me with references or testimonials from previous home buyers?