Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions about Architecture & Construction
Why should a customer use services provided by builditbetter over another service provider?
Having people with a background in both, architecture and the construction industry, gives unique insight into practical design. When a client brings their design ideas to us we create designs that meet their expectations while taking construction technology and detailing into account.
What experience, skills, qualifications or training do we have to make us the right person for the job?
over 30 years in architectural profession and the building industry Qualifications are available on request We are registered with SACAP – Professional Senior Architectural Technologist NHBRC – Home Builders
Particular aspects of your service that we specialise in?
new residential homes, major additions & alterations and homes in eco-estates.
How do we normally charge for our service?
our fees are not set as each project is treated as unique because no home or site is the same.
What makes your pricing competitive?
our pricing is based on our clients needs and requirements
Are there any special offers we offer to customers?
1. if we provide the architectural service we allow for minor changes in the plan for free
2. if we do the architectural service and the construction we provide a rider plan for council submission if any changes are made during the build.
How can a customer save money before we start the work?
1.If you choose land in an estate, they have restrictions on materials & style of your home, which will push up the cost of the building work.
2. If you can build vertically – this will save money on slabs, roofing etc. You will also save money of the size Erf you need to buy. Only if you need a larger home or have a high budget go wider
3. Choose land that suits your pocket, for example building on flat topography will be cheaper than building in the mountain where you might need to do blasting and/or piling.
4. Think carefully about your design choices, take cognizance of the arrangement of windows & doors for energy efficiency, and
5. What building materials and finishes will be needed for the style of your home, and
6. Working closely with us will make the process much smoother in that we know how to save money on the build.
7. With proper planning and smart decisions, you will be able to build your dream house, and, hopefully you can do so without making a hole in your pocket
What are the typical things that we need to know before we can provide a quote to a customer?
1. requirements and budget
3. title deed restrictions
4. any other relevant information
Are we an insured business and do we guarantee your work?
Yes we are insured: Professional indemnity Builders All Risk Insurance
What questions should a customer ask to hire the right service professional?
1. How does the design process work?
2. What is the estimated timeline for my project?
3. What experience do you have working in my area? 4. How do you charge?
5. What is and isn’t included in your fees?
6. How do you manage the budget?
7. Do you stay involved during the construction process?
What makes us the most reliable and trustworthy choice for the job?
We are authentic. People want to be around others that are real, meaning they are authentic and have high character.
We are consistent. Everyone has a bad day but we don’t take the bad day to the work environment We have integrity.
We do have references available on request